Saturday, November 29, 2008

Railings up.

We are nearing completion of the project. As of today, we are almost done with the railings. It seems like the railings would be a straight forward process, but I had different approaches in mind. For example, I thought about putting up walls made from old closet doors. But I eventually decided against it because:
  • first of all, it would be a lot of work
  • I didn't want to put too much stress on the tree
  • having walls might make it feel smaller. I prefer the airy feeling.

One of the arguments for walls is that they would shield the direct view into the neighbor's back yard. After some thought, we decided that we could put drapery around the tree house on the neighbor's side. At this point, it is just a thought, we'll see how it is when it is implemented.

Here's what it looks like with only the front railing last weekend. I'll take more pictures tomorrow with the other railings.


View from the house.


View from the side.


Another side view. Miles swinging in the fore ground.

No comments: